The Rifton Wave system has been thoroughly reimagined to improve bathing and showering – for the client and for the caregiver.
The new Rifton Wave Chairs have been widened the new to accommodate larger clients and features generous padding under soft knit fabric to protect skin integrity. As well as mounting the bath chair on a tub stand or rolling shower stand the new system has an ingenious new tub transfer base to completely change the way you transfer and bathe large clients.
Available in 3 sizes Small, Medium and Large
The system also features:
- Extra wide seat with open sides, 15″ width for small and medium, 17½” for the large.
- Large size accommodates adults up to 6’2″ and 250 lbs.
- Completely configurable; all sizes of the Rifton Wave can fit on any of the 3 base options.
- Optional calf rest adjusts independently of seat and back angle.
- Tub transfer base enables users – after being placed in the bath chair using a mechanical lift – to be rolled back and then rotated over the tub for showering.
- Conversion kit allows user to economically move up from small to medium size by just purchasing a new back, seat and cover.
- Tool free assembly and adjustments
- Backrest that can be adjustable in 6 increments for finding the ultimate angle
- Available in 2 colours : Pink and Blue
Chest Straps: The simple chest strap positions the user in the Wave bath chair. It attaches with hook and loop anywhere along the full height of the back and buckles securely behind.
Head Blocks: Optional head blocks provide lateral support and positioning for the user’s head.
Leg Straps: The leg straps are sewn from the same soft fabric as the chair. They attach anywhere on the seat and are secured with a buckle. Each leg can be secured individually with a hook and loop closure.
Tub Stand : The tub stand can be used with all three chair sizes and raises the chair either 5 ½” or 11 ½” allowing safer transfers and caregiver assistance during bathing. All adjustments are tool-free.
Shower Stand: The shower stand allows you to roll your client into the shower stall at a height that enables better cleaning – and saves your back. It can be used with any of the three chair sizes and has rugged, smooth rolling, locking 4″ casters. Quick-release locks on the stand allow easy attachment and removal of chair.
Tub transfer base: The ingenious tub transfer base is ideal for the large or heavy user who needs an over-the-tub shower. It’s much more gentle on your back, too!. With the tub transfer base you start in the position farthest out of the tub and lower the client into the chair. Then you roll back over the tub and set the brakes. As the upper portion with the bath chair is rotated 90° it moves approximately one foot back over the tub in one smooth motion.
Note: Take care to select the direction of the pivot, right or left, at the time of purchase.